What is Whatsapp Marketing?
What is Whatsapp Marketing and how can it improve your results?
Knowing what WhatsApp Marketing is and applying it to your strategy will open several doors to exploit. When people talk about social media marketing, they often think of popular traditional networks like Facebook and Twitter.
But messaging applications are gradually improving. And for the number of monthly active users they are already a reality to consider.
It is clear that companies cannot afford to ignore them messaging applications. In addition to the rapidly growing user base, they offer more. These applications offer two key features that traditional networks don't have: personalization and authenticity.
Businesses are based on building relationships. And all relationships start with conversations. Considering this aspect, it is easy to see how messaging platforms like WhatsApp can be of great help for brands.
What is WhatsApp Marketing?
WhatsApp is a new form of marketing to reach, compromise and convert potential contacts using the platform. All you need is mobile Internet on your mobile device to receive or send calls and messages.
If you are going to launch a new product or want to inform your customers of your new service, WhatsApp Marketing is an easy way to make it possible.
WhatsApp also has a commercial version, called WhatsApp Business. In this version you get all the features of the regular version and a number of additional features.
To use WhatsApp, you must first download it and then configure it with your phone number. The application will use your phone's contacts to view a list of WhatsApp users with whom you can chat. If someone has your number saved on their phone, you can also view it on your list.
Why should you implement Whatsapp Marketing?
There are numerous reasons why it is advisable to implement WhatsApp as part of the marketing tools. For starters, this is a free application. And its use is so widespread that it probably contains your target audience among its users. In addition, WhatsApp is unique in some respects:
- There are over 1.5 billion monthly users on the platform. And it seems that the number will continue to grow.
- This number of users is greater than any traditional social media platform; Except the parent company Facebook.
- Whatsapp has a level of intimacy and commitment that is missing from most social media platforms. This is mainly due to the fact that it has kept away from brand involvement on the platform until recently.
- In addition, apart from China, where WeChat is the predominant messaging application, Whatsapp has loyal users all over the world.
- But there is more. Thanks to its features, Whatsapp it gives you the opportunity to communicate with your customers directly and in real time. It's a big plus when it comes to knowing public opinion (e.g. through surveys). And provide personalized attention.
- Moreover is a powerful tool to spread your proposals, promotions and news. Its extensive support for multimedia content allows you to send catalogs, brochures, videos, audios, links ... And all kinds of information related to your business such as reminders and special offers. All this comes directly into your client's hands.
- WhatsApp allows you to create groups of up to 256 members. It is the ideal opportunity to conduct consultations and direct studies on local groups. It is also a perfect tool for organizing events with your customers. And with the employees of your company (internal marketing).
Factors to consider
The reason why companies should incorporate the best strategy into WhatsApp marketing campaigns in their campaigns is their power, interactive nature, great comfort, personal touch and effective applicability. And if you still have doubts, pay attention to these statistics:
- Whatsapp is the most popular alternative to SMS in 109 countries. About the 60% in the world.
- Everyday, about 50 billion messages are sent via WhatsApp.
- Like social media channels, WhatsApp has also become omnipresent as the main messaging application. It is the most sought after messaging application in the world. And acceptance is the reason why companies have to plan marketing campaigns on WhatsApp.
- Over 67 percent of mobile device users prefer to use chat to communicate with companies.
- And about the 53 percent say they would prefer to buy from a company if they can send messages directly.
- If you want to target young potential customers, WhatsApp will be your best resource. 42 percent of smartphone owners between the ages of 18 and 29 prefer to send messages via WhatsApp. This before 19% of smartphone owners who are 50 years old or older
- WhatsApp Marketing also guarantees excellent participation rates. Since over 95% of mobile messages is opened and read.
- About 90% of WhatsApp messages are opened within three seconds of receiving them.
- WhatsApp is also one of the preferred marketing channels for sharing content via Dark Social. In this channel, suppliers share content through private channels.
How to manage marketing campaigns on WhatsApp
To manage WhatsApp marketing campaigns, you can find different versions of WhatsApp for iPhone, Android phones and Windows phones. Web and desktop applications are also available. But before managing your campaigns, here are some instructions for use:
- First of all, WhatsApp must be installed on the mobile phone to use the app and the desktop version. And that's why each WhatsApp account must be connected directly to a single phone number.
- You can import your information from Facebook to Whatsapp that you have available to configure your profile. If not, you can manually add an image, your profile name and activate your WhatsApp account.
- WhatsApp examines your contact lists and displays an updated directory of WhatsApp users you already know. Anyone who has your phone number saved in their phone's address book will also recognize that you have entered WhatsApp.
Now the time has come to see the ways you can use WhatsApp marketing campaigns. Take note:
1.- One-to-one chat
You can chat directly with other users who are in your phone's contact list, similar to how any chat program would work. This way of using WhatsApp also allows you to call or make video calls to your customers or send them recorded audio fragments.
For what? Well, it's a wonderful way to send personalized proposals. Or notify a customer that he can withdraw an order or inform him that a new product has arrived that may interest him.
Through lists, you can send a message to anyone in the contact list who has your number stored in their phone's address book. It is similar to BCC (Blind Carbon Copy) in emails. Your contacts will see a message similar to how they see a normal message.
Contact replies to a broadcast message appear as a normal message. Broadcast messages can be sent to 256 contacts simultaneously. And the list can be used as many times as you want, as it is automatically saved.
Do you want to promote a product or service? Communicate to your customers the news of your company? Maybe you want to inform them about your discounts for Black Friday? You can do it through the lists. It's fast, convenient, easy, and you'll make sure the message is read.
Groups in WhatsApp Marketing allow you to form a group of up to 256 people. And in them you can share messages, videos and photos with everyone at the same time. In addition, each member can speak and can also see everyone else's answers. The first thing to do in a WhatsApp marketing campaign is to know the correct way to use it:
- Your customers should save your contact numbers in their smartphone's address book.
- Messages to customers can lead to the recipient blocking you And, surely, no seller would like to face such a scenario.
- WhatsApp marketing campaigns are similar to the strategy of email marketing where you need to obtain consent to contact users via email.
Groups are ideal for retaining customers and generating brand awareness. You can create a group to explain how your product or service works and answer questions that users may have. Or simply, you can create a group like you would on Linkedin to discuss a topic related to your business, by sending certain learning pills on the topic daily. You can integrate them into your content marketing strategy, isn't that great?
Get the most out of your WhatsApp marketing campaigns
To get the most out of your WhatsApp marketing campaigns, the ideal is to have the WhatsApp business application. It has normal functionality, with some additions:
- You can set up a commercial profile for your brand. You can add details, such as an email address, a physical address and a brief description of yourself.
- can also add tags to different active chats. For example, you can tag a particular chat like "new client"Or mark a chat as"order received”To track customer requests. You can even create your own tags if necessary.
- can use quick answers. This option allows you to save and use frequently sent messages to save time. Or turn on messages for when you're not available. Simply write a message to let your customers know when they can wait for a response, that's all.
- Set a greeting to send to your customers when they chat with you. You can use them to present your brand to your customers, inform them about what services you offer and the times when you will be available to chat.
- WhatsApp also provides some statistics in its commercial application. Here you will see how many of your messages have been sent, how many have been delivered and how many have actually been opened and read by your audience.
You have already seen why it is convenient to implement WhatsApp Marketing in your campaigns. And if you are also interested in developing a WhatsApp business strategy, do it with us. In Antevenio we are specialists in marketing performance and we offer you a 360º global marketing performance service.